Sunday, June 3, 2012

23 Candles.


23 candles (from The Sun and the Moon)


light me up, baby
or should i say angel?
cause it’s so hard to tell
through the smoke, as i exhale
ah, it looks like you polished your halo today
so walk right up, go ahead, judge away
but just so you know
this cigarette is all i have
to remind me of the way
you laugh,
you run,
you smell,
you numb,
but it’s in
my hand,
my tongue,
my heart,
my lungs,
so you are not to blame
like i said, go ahead, judge away
but just so you know
this isn’t a habit
i’m not an addict
but you’re disgusted enough
at the sight of me
to announce you just quit
that very instant
coincidentally
light me up, baby
twenty-three candles extinguished
just for one wish
one wish only
to cover everything i could possibly need
in the next three hundred sixty four days
so i better make this count
as tight as i can, i’ll shut my eyes
and imagine that smile i’ve memorized
countless times
aimed in my direction, just once more
because then i’d know for sure
you were actually glad that i was born
light me up, baby

No comments:

Post a Comment